Minimum truck GVWR ratings are listed on the back of the brochures for all Venturo cranes, on each individual crane spec sheet as well the listing just below for the HT & ET crane families.
(Note: smaller Mast Cranes don’t have a GVWR listing as they will fit on virtually any size truck).
For HT Series Cranes—A PTO or some other means to drive a hydraulic pump will be needed to drive the hydraulic systems on these types of cranes and outriggers. Several types of outriggers are available for HT type cranes—manual out & down, manual out & hydraulic down and on the larger models, hydraulic out & hydraulic down. See pricing sheet for details on other commonly needed items for these types of cranes.
ET / Electric-Hydraulic crane / ET models and all Mast Cranes — don’t need PTO as they are self-contained units and run off the 12 volt electrical system of the truck. Most outrigger systems for these occasional use cranes are manual, however there is an option for “manual out and hydraulic down”. See pricing sheet for a more detailed description as well as other commonly needed items for these types of cranes.
Venturo Heavy Duty Crane Bodies:
Typically recommended and used for Venturo Cranes that are 16,000 FT-LBS and larger size cranes, (typically ET16KX and bigger electric-hydraulic cranes and HT fully-hydraulic cranes.)
- HT25 bodies are rated to handle up to 30,000 foot pound rated cranes.
- HT40 bodies are rated to handle up to 40,000 foot pound rated cranes.
- HT50 bodies are rated to handle up to 50,000 foot pound rated cranes.
- HT66 bodies are rated to handle up to 66,000 foot pound rated cranes.
- Venturo Crane Bodies come built to handle 60” CA / 84” CA and 120”CA truck lengths.
- Venturo Crane Bodies are available in a variety of cabinet configurations with standard features such as diamond plate floor deck / dual automotive weather seal on doors / stainless steel hardware / continuous drip edge / 5000 lbs. pull-out rated D-rings in the bed / engineered ladder frame base to distribute stress to the entire frame of the truck / heavy duty crane boxes / factory installed outrigger tubes-front and back
- Venturo Crane Bodies have a variety of options available, such as LED interior cabinet lights / roller drawers / master locking system / work bench bumpers / grip strut steps; etc.
- Venturo Crane Bodies all have a 6-Year Rust-Through Warranty
- Popular 11’ / 84” CA mechanics bodies in all sizes are usually in stock for immediate shipment in Cincinnati.
Types of End Users and Markets for Truck Mounted Service
Municipalities – for a variety of uses, loading equipment on/off trucks; loading dead animals; loading tree stumps; sewer lids; steel street plates used during road construction; pulling and servicing sewage water pumps; as a mechanics service truck for working on city or county owned equipment — many smaller communities have private contract companies that do all of these things. ET and Mast cranes are very popular in many of these applications, except water pumps pulling in which HT cranes are best.
Rental Equipment Companies – Rental Truck Companies – any Heavy Equipment company, such as CAT dealers; John Deere dealers, etc.. That have equipment they are responsible to service in the field. HT cranes with proportional controls are very popular in this industry.
Propane-Energy Service Companies – would typically need a crane to set propane or oil tanks. HT cranes, especially the HT40 with proportional controls is very popular in this industry.
Well Drilling Companies – for either water wells or fracking related companies. Depending on companies these will use a wide variety of sizes to pick up well casings and pipe lines.
Grave Stone / Monument Companies – very common to use an ET crane, to set head stones, crane is often facing backwards on flatbed truck, mounted in the center.
Building Materials Delivery and Construction Installation Companies – very common to all types of cranes to load granite counter tops / roofing materials, 55 gallon drums of chemicals or large bins of products to job sites. A variety of cranes used to load equipment on and off trucks, such as concrete finishing machines and land scape vibrating plate machines which often way 200-300 lbs.
Fleet Service Companies / Road Contractors etc. – almost all have mechanics service trucks for the fleets.
Factories / Recreational & Induatrial Boat Docks / River Companies – factories and industrial places will often have use for mostly ET or Mast Cranes. Anything involved with water will use both ET & HT cranes to put things like portable docks or smaller boats in and out of the water.